Monday, September 27, 2010

Summer catch up post #1 (Chalk Art Festival)

Okay, I have been away from the blog world long enough!! I am going to try and get back into the swing of things. I used to be very good and now I have gotten used to not blogging as much because of being busy. I really miss it! I am going to make a goal to do at least 2 post a week, for the next 2 weeks. I am going to sum up some of our summer in these posts. I am going to call them Summer catch up posts, just like I called this one. This one being the first. I need to get these posted or I will never post them. This is my journal and I don't want to miss documenting these things.

Anyway, this post is about the Chalk Festival. This festival is at the Gateway mall. They have it every summer. We went to this in June. It is a festival where people draw on the sidewalks with chalk. Then people come and vote on the picture they like the most. The art work is pretty amazing!

Kurt has a friend named, Doug who always enters and draws one. That is how we knew about it. We went to support him and vote for him.

I took some pictures of my favorites.

An Island.


This one was Napoleon.
It was so awesome! It looked almost 3D! They made it look like it was a sheet of burned paper and it looked like you could pick up.


I had to take a picture of this one!
I loved how they have armed forces raising the flag and firefighters raising a flag as well! I appreciate all the heroes of this nation! I so love my country!


Such a cute one of Peter Pan and Tinkerbell!


I was so impressed with the umbrella on this one, not to mention the lady.


A tiger.


This one was so impressive because it was so big!
She also used shells and stones in certain areas to make it sparkle.


The water on this one around the mermaid looked real.


Avatar.
Haven't seen this movie yet but I thought they did a good job on it!


Einstein.
I love how is tongue is tied!


A Calvin and Hobbs one.
I was so impressed that even kids were drawing these works of art.


This is Doug.
Last year he did a self portrait. People would stop and look at his picture and then look at him, then back at the picture. Kurt said it was pretty impressive. I didn't get to see it because I didn't go last year.


This year he drew a bottle of salt tipped over. I was so impressed because this is what it looked like when you looked at it but if you looked through a camera and took a picture of it at the right angle...


...you would get this!
Pretty awesome huh? He drew it to promote his web site.


This one was pretty impressive and I think Kurt liked this one the best!


This was my favorite," Alice in Wonderland!"


Too bad I didn't get to see it finished but it was pretty amazing just seeing what they had gotten done.

The pictures I took don't do the art justice!
We did vote for Doug by the way. You only get one vote and we went there to support him. He did a great job!

Ayla had a good time there too!

She got to meet Snow White and get a balloon from her!


She was a really cute Snow White!


And of course Ayla ran around in the fountain there!




She had a blast getting soaked!!


This is her on the way home, in her change of clothes.
She also got a big fuzzy ball that we bought her.

We didn't stay home long. We got there and out the door Ayla and I went. We went to one of Kurt's cousin's little boy's 1st birthday party.

Ayla got to swim with her cousins there!


Notice how Morganne is wearing the outfit Ayla was wearing earlier? If Ayla wouldn't have gotten it soaked they would have been wearing the same outfit.


They had a bouncy house there! It was Ayla's first time in a bouncy house. She had a great time!
I wish I would have gotten a picture of her jumping! I got video though.

After we were done with the birthday party, Ayla and I went back to the house to meet up with my sister, Marion so we could go out towards Grantsville to meet our Dad at his best friend's ranch for a BBQ.

Ayla got to ride a horse for her first time!! We had a good time!
Notice in the picture Ayla is back into the top part of the outfit she had on earlier? Ya, her second outfit was drying out from swimming and by the time I would get home, I would be out the door again. So I had to use the extra pants I had in the diaper bag. We went from on event to the other but we had a lot of fun!!

Stay tuned for more Summer catch up post!!

3 comments:

The Hartle's said...

Looks like fun! ISnt it funny how kids just love those fountains at the mall!

LKP said...

totally fun report!
i LOVE chalk art festivals. we have one here every year and it makes my heart sing! impressive work from yours. SERIOUSLY phenomenal talent there.

The Wonderful World of Wampler said...

Holy COW!! You all have been busy :) No wonder you are needing to do summer catch up posts :)

I love that you had such a great summer. I can't wait to see what else you have been up to. :) Give Ayla a big hug....she is getting so big. I can't wait to see her again.

((HUGS))
((HUGS))