Monday, July 21, 2008

Belated 4th of July post!

After reading other people's blogs. I finally decided to make my own but before I did there have been moments I would of loved to share about my family. As you can see I started my blog on July 17th. That was after the 4th of July and that was one of the days I wished I had a blog to share thoughts and pictures. So that is why this post is titled "Belated 4th of July post!"

The 4th of July is one of my favorite holidays. I love it because I love my country and on that day I spend a lot of time with my family. We usually go to the parade, then go swimming, have a BBQ and go to the park in the evening to ride rides and watch the fireworks. What a fun day! Last year we found out that we were pregnant with Ayla at the family BBQ. We were excited and scared at the same time. The family was jumping for Joy! So I feel that Ayla is my 4th of July baby. I love our country's flag and love to wear red, white and blue on this day. This year was extra fun because my sister and I went out and got a 4th of July outfit for Ayla. So Ayla was dressed for the occasion too. We went to the parade that day and then spent the rest of the day at my parents house. We didn't go swimming or to the park because Ayla was too young to wear sunscreen and she doesn't like loud noises so we didn't watch the fireworks. I thought they would scare her. Maybe next year. We still enjoyed our 4th of July. I just love how I feel that day and I am glad we honor our country and troops this day.

Below are some pictures of that day I would love to share. I took pictures of Ayla with everyone but I am only posting a few or it would take up the whole page.

Ayla in her stroller heading down to the parade.


Me, Ayla and Aunt Ruth watching the parade form her porch.


Ayla and her dad ready for church. This was taken the Sunday after the 4th of July. I just wanted to share this one because I thought it was adorable.

1 comment:

The Wonderful World of Wampler said...

I love Ayla's dress. It is so cute. It makes me want to have a girl so I can dress her up all pretty. I love her bow in her hair too. OH....SHE IS SO CUTE. Boy clothes are so blah.
-Leah