Friday, May 8, 2009

Long over due post!

This post is long over due. It is about Ayla turning 14th months. She turned 14 months on April 25th. She is now 3o and a half inches long and weighs a total of 19 lbs. She she has gained a pound and grown a half an inch.

This was taken that day.

Some of her accomplishments during her 13th months are:

She received 3 more teeth, which brings us to a total of 10 teeth.
She started to eat with a spoon.
She started to say, "Whoa, What's that?" Her first phrase.
She started to act like she is talking on her cell phone.

She is growing so fast, I can't keep up with her. I can't believe how smart she is. She amazes me everyday.

Now for the second part of this post. I want to share some new things she has discovered.

She discovered the piano the other night we were at Young Women's.


I was amazed at how gentle she was with the keys. She didn't slam them at all. It didn't sound bad either.


She discovered she likes powdered doughnuts.


She discovered what outside is.
This was the first time I let her play outside because we live in an apartment and we don't have a yard. This was at my parent's house. They have a full fenced yard.

Notice the grass stains on her pants? She loved it.


She loves dogs and of course she had a great time chasing Chico around.


See how excited she gets?


She has discovered blinds and loves to play in them. 


She got to see baby pheasants. These are Marion's and Monty's baby pheasants. They are in their basement and will stay there until they are old enough to go to the farm.


This was taken today.

She has discovered a way to move her little castle around the living room. It is kind of like the way a hamster rolls in its ball. It's awesome! I love how when she plays in it now her hair stands up. Electrified!!!

6 comments:

Nanette said...

She is her very own person now-how fun!

Chad and Clair said...

This post was cute. You are such a great mom and Ayla is a wonderful little girl. I always love hearing her talk in sacrament! Haha

Ann Marie said...

Cute post!!
I have been so busy.. Sorry I havent called you!

White cake.
I hope that answers your question, and that it won't be stressful this week. I am still embarrassed by Christian.. I look forward to the yumminess though. ;)

Can you believe Leah is here this weekend?? Woot!!

Nancy Face said...

Oh, this is so cute! I especially like the pictures of her with the piano! :)

Thomas, Jesi, and Greyson said...

Hey Heather, Thanks for all your encouragement and support. Your such an amazing friend. I'm glad to have you in my life. I sent you a thank you for card for the darling graduation card but I just got it back in the mail today. I'm sorry, I must have wrote your address wrong. I just wanted to thank you for all your years of being such an amazing friend. I'm grateful for all you do. Love you so much.

Me said...

She is adorable. It's always fun to see them grow and reach all the new milestones. And thanks for the post about the baptism. The cake was just awesome!