Tuesday, February 17, 2009

My 100th Post!!!

I can't believe this is my 100th post!

I have to say I am so grateful for blogging. It has been so fun to do. I have been wanting a way to write a journal and I always found it so boring to go and write things down. It was hard for me but, with blogging, it is so much fun because you get to share your journal with others.

It has helped me create new friends and become better friends with friends I knew before. It has helped me keep in touch with friends from out of state.

It brightens my day to be able to read other blogs and post comments and receive comments. It is such a great part of my social life right now because I stay home with my sweet little girl. Not that I don't love every moment of it but it helps me talk to other adults every day.

In honor of my 100th post I wanted to give the Kreativ Blogger Award away.

I received this award from my friend Rebecca at A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away. I would like to thank her for it!

Now I would like to pass this award to (in no particular order):

1. Cherie - Bakow Babble - I have just started to read her blog but she has tips on blogging and how to do things like linking and enlarging your pictures. She has helped me out a lot in just the past week. She has a lot of other things too, to enjoy.

2. Ann - An Old Fashioned Girl - Her blog is full of traditions and family history. She is talented in decorating and has wonderful decorating ideas. She is great at organizing and shows how to do it. She also has some amazing gratitude post that help me realize the things that I am grateful for. She also keeps it real with how she feels about things.

3. Nancy - Nancy's Nonsense of Nothingness - She has a sense of humor and every one pulls faces in all the photos. It is pretty hilarious. Her blog is full of variety.

4. Leah - Wonderful World of Wampler - She is really good at hosting parties and I love to see the pictures she shares of beautiful Tennessee. She also shares what you can do in Tennessee. Not to mention she is one of my best friends, who moved away and now I love to go visit. I love to see photos of her home and family because I love them all so much and they remind me of being there.

5. Tierra - Tierra Lynne - She has wonderful writing skills and some of her posts are so creative on how she tells a stories. She is very passionate about what she writes. She writes to her future hubby every so often. I love it.

6. Elizabeth - Elizabeth & Company - She always blogs about events with all her children. I learn so much about parenting from her.

7. Monica - {Mo} ments - She is very talented in Stamp em up and makes such beautiful cards. She shares her feelings on things and her talents in painting and creating things.

8. Lauren - Busy Bee Lauren - She has a variety of things on her blog and she also has quite the sense of humor. She is Nancy's daughter and between the two of their blogs, you can be laughing for days.

9. Clair - Chad & Clair - They keep you update on what they are involved in. They both are really talented in different ways. Clair is really talented at pottery. Plus I love to see pictures of their niece Brielle. She is such a doll.

10. Deb - Dennis and all the girls - I like to read hers because she keeps it real. She always has interesting things to say and share and it is quite the variety too.

This is what you need to do. Thank the person who gave you this award to you, post the award on your blog or on a post, then pass it onto 10 blogs which show great attitude / gratitude, link to the people you chose on your post, and comment on their blogs to tell them about the award!

Note: If the link is not showing, it is because I have not yet got that person's permission to link to their blog. Just some blog etiquette I learned recently form other bloggers. Hopefully I will have their response in the next few days to link it and if you want to come back to this post, feel free to see their blogs. I put the ones that haven't respond yet on the bottom of the list.

Also I don't think there are rules to this. So when you go to give this award away, if you want to give it to some of the people on my list feel free. I just know that a lot of us read the same blogs and I am sure you feel the same way I do.

I had a hard time only giving this award to 10 blogs. I love reading everyone's blogs on my side bar. I think each one is creative in it's own way.

Also notice that I put "Follow my blog" on my sidebar.
I thought of doing this and I had a friend request it. So this one is for you Tierra. So if you want to follow my blog feel free.

Plus, one last thing - the verdict is in.
I am going to have to reload all the pictures on my previous post to make them large. I can't just enlarge them through the html. It would not look as good. People have told me just to forget about it and do it from now on but I have decided to print out my blog myself due to the fact it will be cheaper and plus, I can have all my pictures on it without having a constriction of 350 photos only. I would not really care about them being large but I have been keeping this journal / blog for a book of remembrance for Ayla and I want the best for Ayla. And in my opinion, having the largest photos I can print is the best. I will do this on the side little by little and I think, as I go I will label them as well.

12 comments:

Nancy Face said...

Happy 100th Post, YAY!

Nancy Face said...

Thank you so much for the award! It was so nice of you! :D

Nancy Face said...

Gee whiz, I love being first...and second...and third! ;)

Dawn Harvey said...

So great, 100 posts! It's so fun to keep up with you and your darling family through the blog. I just love seeing all the updated pictures and hearing the fun stories. Keep them coming. you'll hit 200 before you know it!

Ann Marie said...

Whoo-hoo to 100!
You are so cute Heather!!

Thanks for the award.. You wrote such nice things and it made my day to hear you say such nice things..

You forgot to say that I am also another big sister. :) Leah gets the BFF but I am yours and Leahs sister from another mother.. :)

Love ya!

Debi (Dubs2007) said...

thanks for the award! yes you are welcome to link to my blog, sorry it took so long to get back to you, recovery is taking a little longer then anticipated.. Thanks!
Debi

TLC said...

Oh Heather, this MADE my night...actually MADE my day!
Of all the people to get my first bloggy award, I'm so happy it came from you. It REALLY means alot!

You are such a special friend and a sister in the gospel and from the bottom of my bloggy heart...Thank You! Loves ~ Tierra

PS. Yippie for the follow!!! Now, I can know every time i log on when you've done a post!!!

TLC said...

Oh, and Heather...Thank you alos for sharing your life with us and posting all the happenings of Ayla.
I love it when you do your flashbacks and when you speak of your father. I can tell it comes straight from your soul and i LOVE it!!! Keep up the post!!!

Yay, for 100th!!!!!!

CB said...

Wow Heather I am SO SURPRISED!!
I have never had an award before this is so cool:DD

You wrote such nice things about everyone - there really are alot of neat friends out in the blogging world.

Congrats on your 100th post and thanks again for the award I will post it with pride!!

Have a GREAT day!!

The Wonderful World of Wampler said...

Happy 100th post! Way to go Heather. I need to get with it. We started blogging at the same time and I only have like 70 post. hummmm....maybe one of my post can be this, and I can send you an award.

Thanks again for the award. You made my day.

{Mo} said...

You are such a sweetie Heather! Sorry I've been a slacker lately.... you can for sure link my blog and I did get that address that you sent. THANK YOU, THANK YOU! One last question on that, does she know if it's a boy or girl? I don't want to send the wrong thing, you know?
I'm so glad we all started bloggin, I feel like we've gotten to know each other better and I learn so much from everyone!
Congrats on 100! Yea!

Elizabeth said...

Thanks so much for the award. You are very sweet. Love ya.