I have been working on the two projects I mentioned earlier in a post but I am only going to show you what I have done so far for one of them. Some time this week I will post about the other.
So here goes:
So I wiped down the high-chair and washed the seat cover in the washer.
I drew a template and traced it onto the board I bought to make the tray for the high-chair.
I was going to cut this out by hand with a little saw but I didn't have to, I was blessed. Let me explain:
You see this garage?
It is outside our door and there is a wood shop inside. A guy had been working in there for the past week. As I was going outside to cut the board by hand, I decided to go and knock on the door to ask if he had a band-saw and if I could use it. Well, guess what?
He did and he let me use it. So I cut the tray in no time.
He then let me use the sander. I rounded the edges and smoothed out the tray the best I could with the sander.
I thought it was so nice of that guy to let me in and use the equipment. It would have taken me forever to cut and sand that thing. I was definitely blessed.
I then finished rounding and smoothing the tray by hand.
Here is the tray.
I was happy with how it turned out.
My dad came over on Saturday and coached me through using the drill to drill holes so I could glue the tray on the arms of the high-chair. My dad also helped me with the doll bed but, like I said, I will show that in a later post.
I didn't have any c-clamps to use to hold the tray tight to the arms so I used the drill and our fruit bowl to put weight on it to let it dry.
Well the high-chair is ready to paint and so is the doll bed. I will be painting them tomorrow. The high-chair will then be complete. I will still have to make the mattress for the doll bed on Tuesday but then that one will be done too.
Wish me luck!