Sunday, July 8, 2012

Our 4th of July!

We had a good 4th of July. I say good because I have had better but we still had a good time. There were 2 things that disappointed me this year. I will post them during this post. 

It was Ashlyn's 1st 4th of July! She wore Ayla's 1st 4th of July outfit that she wore on her 1st 4th of July. Of course, she looked darling in it!


This was Ayla's 4th of July outfit this year! And of course she looked darling in hers too!


 We started the day off with some ice cream for Arctic Circle!

Then we went to the parade with my family!

 Of course Ayla got a lot of candy!




 There were a few floats! I love to see floats!


 This one was cute! I loved the small temple on it!


 I thought it was cool they had some Chinese dragons!


 Of course I kept Ashlyn's shaded by the umbrella! I have been using this umbrella a lot this summer!


 Aunt Marion wanted to hold Ashlyn for a little while!


 Grandpa giving Ayla a popcicle! 


 I thought it was cool that some people in the parade gave out popcicles! I thought it was much better than just candy!


 One of me and Ayla!


 Like I said, I like floats!


 Marion watching the parade!


 It was so hot during the parade that Ayla cooled off by having Grandpa spray her with the hose!



 She had a lot of fun!


 And got soaked!


 Then we got in the car and headed over to swimming! Such a cute girl!

We went to a different pool this year than the regular pool. This was one of the things that disapointed me because the water was so cold. It made you cold!

 We went there because of this playground they had. Ayla went down the slide a few times but then got too cold! I love how in the picture you can see Lane in the water that is pooring out of a pipe!


 Here is a close up!


 Ayla trying to warm up on Aunt Marion's lap. :(


 This was Ashlyn while we went swimming! We didn't put her in the cold water at all!


And little Ian came too! He was trying to warm up! He is my brother Robert's, grand son.


After swimming we all got cleaned up and went to Robert's for a BBQ!


 Our friend's 8 month old baby was there. I can't believe that Ashlyn is only 4 months and she is almost the same size!


They were so cute together!


 Ayla trying to get into the fireworks!


 Grandpa pushing Ayla on the swing set!

So now onto the second thing that was a dissapointment. Magna park didn't have the same carnival they have had every year since I was a kid. They usually have rides. We even thought they had canceled the fireworks because of all the fires here in Utah but they didn't. They had decided to just have bouncing house and a blow up slide. At least Ayla got to go on some kind of slide. She usually loves to slide on the sack slide they usually have.

 Here she is climbing the slide!


 Here she is coming down! She decided to go down backwards the last time and this was the only good picture I got of her coming down the slide.

Then it was time for the fireworks!

 I gave Ayla her glow in the dark stick that I bought for her weeks ago from Dollar Tree!


 Ashlyn fell asleep and I put her in her tent to protect her from any bugs.


 But it was short lived, she woke up a few minutes after this picture.


 Ayla with Aunt Marion, waiting for the fireworks to start!


 Melissa covering Ashlyn's ears during the fireworks!


 Here is Melissa! She was with us the whole day, she joins us every year for our 4th of July activities! I love how Lane is in this picture too!


 Marion and Ayla watching the fireworks!


 Too cute!


 Grandma with Ashlyn!


And of course me and Ashlyn!

Even though we had those 2 disappointments we still had a good time! I love the 4th of July!

I am so grateful for my country and for the men and women fighting for our freedom!

Which makes those 2 disappointments so little!

How was your 4th of July?



3 comments:

Nancy Face said...

Your girls both look so adorable in their 4th of July outfits! I'm glad you had so many fun activities all day!

Great pictures!

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

Looks like a full fun day!!!!!
Hot too.

They are both growing so big!

Missionary Momma said...

I was sitting right across the street from you during the parade! (Well, according to your pictures anyways) Lots of disappointments indeed this year but I am glad you were still able to share some fun new memories with your darling little ladies.