Friday, March 13, 2009

Flash Back Friday! #6

My friend, Emily commented that she wanted to see a picture of me pregnant. So that is what this Flash Back Friday is about. 

I wish I would have kept track of what month it was when we took these pictures but we didn't. However, the pictures are in order from early pregnancy to the end of my pregnancy.

Early weeks of pregnancy.

I think I was around 2 months here. 
I don't look so big in this picture but look at the one below this one.

This was from my view. 
I thought I was bigger than what the picture above this picture shows me to be.

I loved eating pickles and so my Mother-in-law bought me this huge jar of pickles. I was so thankful for her for doing that for me because it was about the only thing I could hold down. Notice the bands around my wrists? They are the bands that are called "Sea Bands" they are for motion sickness. They put pressure on a certain pressure point on your wrists and it cuts off the signal to your brain that you are nauseated. They actually helped me quite a bit. I wore these babies for about 7 months of it. That was when the nausea started to wear off more. But I had nausea off and on through the whole pregnancy. I had to take the drug Zofran to help me out.

I loved my baby bump.
I think this sweater covers it up a little too much. Maybe I shouldn't have chosen this picture but oh well.

Getting bigger. I think this was October but not sure.

Even bigger.

I was 7 months in this picture. It was in December. 
I know that because we bought this ball for our niece, Morganne for Christmas that year. I thought it was awesome that I was as round as the ball.

Pretty much the same size, maybe bigger.

I was 8 months here because this is what I wore to my shower. The shirt says "Mother Nature 2007." I loved wearing things that showed off my belly. My sister bought me this one. Super cute.

Getting closer. Not sure how pregnant I am in this one. 

And bigger.

I loved this sweater, it showed my belly off really well. 

And this one did too. I loved how it split right above my belly.

I loved my round belly.

I think this was two weeks before. Not sure.

And here is the last one. 
I know this was really close. I think it was the week before.

Well there you have it. I had Kurt take quite a few pictures of me being pregnant because I felt beautiful. I think pregnant women are one of the most beautiful things on Earth. I discovered this when I was a teenager. My mother showed me a picture of her pregnant with me and she looked like she was glowing. I thought she looked so beautiful and from that point on, I started to notice how beautiful pregnant women are.

Here is the picture.
I decided to put it on the blog too, to add to the Flash Back Friday. This was taken in 1979. Doesn't my mom look beautiful? She hates this picture but I love it. My Dad looks awesome in it too. I love my parents.

6 comments:

CB said...

I think it is so fun to look back at those "tummy" pictures. At the time you feel so big but looking back you realize it was just a beautiful time in life!

Ann Marie said...

I agree about Pregnant women.. There is a glow and beauty!

You are such a cute preggo person. I get wide and swollen. I hate how I look, but I love how I feel carrying my cute babies!

TLC said...

Heather this is wonderful! I love your flash back fridays because i get to catch up on some much with you and you look stunning with your baby bump! And I loved ll your outfits!

Your mom does look beautiful in the picture and her smile is lighting up. So is your dads! Loved her dress!

eMily eLiZaBeTh said...

You are the cutest pregnant girl ever ! i loved it heather:) im so glad you did it. what gets me is how skinny you were even at the end..lucky! oh and the huge pickle jar was awesome. i loved this poast!! so cute.

eMily eLiZaBeTh said...

You are the cutest pregnant girl ever ! i loved it heather:) im so glad you did it. what gets me is how skinny you were even at the end..lucky! oh and the huge pickle jar was awesome. i loved this poast!! so cute.

Anonymous said...

I loved that flash back. You looked great. I'm impressed that even through the sickness you could enjoy pregnancy. I think pregnancy and motherhood are the greatest miracles in the life.