Tuesday, October 20, 2009

I should probably say....

I have been thinking and I should probably explain something concerning the post below. When you see the post below and you see Ayla next to an alligator, your first thought must be, "Heather, are you crazy to let your child get so close to that thing?" I do have to say that it did make me pretty terrified but the Sea World guy assured us it was safe. He told us that alligators only eat 5 to 6 times a year, eating 3 to 4 lbs in one setting. He said that this alligator wouldn't be eating until about May of next year. I still thought it was crazy that they let kids get so close to it. I think if we were to do this over again, I would  make Kurt be at the tail of that thing. Also did you know that an alligator can hold it's breath for 3 days under water?

6 comments:

Ann Marie said...

I have a lot of catching up to do!
Guess I'd better read the post!

Nanette said...

Oh honey, I know that you would never let your little girl do anything you thought would hrm her! You are such a good mom!

The Wonderful World of Wampler said...

Heather I hope you know I was joking with you about the Alligator. I have to say, I hate Alligators....alive, dead, pictures, cartoons...just the word alligator makes me feel sick :) I know you would NEVER do anything to harm Ayla :) You are such a good mom Heather.
Hope I didn't hurt your feelings.
xoxo

Krista said...

I had no idea alligators only ate a few times a year. That's pretty cool. And don't worry, it didn't even cross my mind that Ayla might be in danger. You're a great mom, and those Sea World guys are professionals. By the way, I started a blog, and I confess it's partly so I could sign in and comment on yours and keep in better touch! :)

eMily eLiZaBeTh said...

I think its awesome and she wont forget it!!

Nancy Face said...

It doesn't have to eat until MAY? Who knew? :)