Friday, October 26, 2012

The Dolphins at "The Mirage!"

We left for our Disneyland vacation on the 31st of September. We drove half way. We spent the night in Las Vegas. The next morning we had a surprise for Ayla! we took her to "The Mirage" to see dolphins for her first time! Ayla has been into dolphins lately.

 It was so hot!
I of course brought the umbrella for shade!



Happy girl with the dolphins!

I have gone to see the dolphins so many times at "The Mirage." That is how I knew they were there.  My family used to go to Vegas once or twice a year, while I was growing up. Every time I have gone to see the dolphins, they have just been swimming around. Well we went at the right time, this time! They were training them and had them jumping out of the water! I was so happy that Ayla got to see this!




Cute girl with her Daddy!

I was sad to hear that the dolphin named, Squirt had passed. The first time I ever saw the dolphins at "The Mirage," was a couple days after Squirt was born. They showed a video of the birth. Then over the years I saw him grow up. I was told he passed about 3 years ago and that average age of a dolphin is 25 to 30 years old in captivity and less in the wild. It made since to me because the first time I had gone there was over 20 years ago. They did however have two new little baby dolphins that were adorable. I wished I would have gotten a picture of them.

We also went into the Secret Garden there.
  
 Ayla on a statue!


 One with her Daddy!


 They have different big cats in the garden, mainly white tigers. You can kind of see one of the tiger in the picture above.


 Can you see the tiger in the background?


 Here is a better view!


"Look at that cat, Dad!"
I got this picture off of Kurt's phone.


 And here is the cat she was pointing at,


 There is a lion in this one. It is really hard to see it.


 Cute girl!


I just love this girl!

Ayla liked her surprise!

It was fun to show her dolphins! One of these days we will have to take her to Sea World!

1 comment:

Ann Marie said...

I am sure she will love Sea World.. just like her Mama!

Cute photos!