Friday, October 17, 2008

Amy's wedding and her cake!

Yesterday, my best friend Amy Isolampi got married to John 
Reed. Their wedding was beautiful. It was almost as beautiful as she looked. 

Amy coming down the stairs. Doesn't she look so beautiful?
I hope you can see. The lighting in the place was not good for my camera so I had to lighten up the first 3 pictures. 

Cute couple at the alter.

This picture is a little blurry but I wanted to share it. I love how John is holding onto Amy's arm and you can see how happy this day was for him. Soon after they started to walk down the aisle, they started to play the song "I Got You (I Feel Good)" and they started to dance down the aisle. John even twirled Amy around. It was so cute. I loved it.

The happy couple! 
John is a sweet guy and I am glad Amy found him. His parents were very nice and I am sure that is were he got it from. His mother is such a sweet woman. I enjoyed being around her.

We needed a picture of Ayla and I with the happy couple. Notice that Ayla is not very happy. She was tired and cranky that night. All she wanted was me. I think it had to do with the flu shot she got earlier that day. I also think that it was because she cut a tooth that day. Yes, Ayla cut her first tooth. I felt it yesterday but I thought I was imagining things but then I felt again today and,  yep, there is a tooth. She did great at the wedding though. Better than I thought she would have, if I would have known about the tooth. Wow, what a great baby she is. I love her.

Marion came with us. She is good friends with Amy too. This was taken up in the bride's room. It was cold up in that room. It was colder than downstairs. That is why Ayla has her jacket on.

And here is the cake.  I think it turned out alright. I think the daisy made the cake. I don't think I am going to make the fondant ever again. Homemade fondant doesn't sit well over night. It starts to smash the cake because it is too heavy. I even rolled it out as thin as I could too. It starts to ruin all my work. I think next time I will make it with real fondant. I think it will turn out a lot smoother. All in all, I think the cake turned out okay. 

I do love the picture of Amy next to the cake. She looks so beautiful.

Getting ready to cut the cake. Yay!

"Slice!"

Amy first! LOL!

John second! LOL! He got it worse than she did of course.

The cut in the cake. 
They then served it and it tasted pretty good but the fondant was still weird. It did taste better than regular fondant but I don't want to make it ever again. It takes too long. It took me 3 hours to make.

This is what went into the cake. Add a couple of cake mixes though and a couple of frostings to that and you got the cake. I made the fondant out of marshmallows and powdered sugar. The cake took me a total of 15 and a half hours to make and set up. I don't want to do another fondant cake until my kids are in school which won't be for a while. It was hard to make, having my little one there. I can do a lot more with butter cream anyways. I just hope Melissa and my friend Amy Savage don't want fondant cakes when they get married. I would do it though if they really wanted one. They would be my only exception because they have been life long friends. I don't have to worry about my sister though she wants butter cream! :) 

I do have to say, I am glad I could make the cake for the happy couple and I would do it again!
I love you Amy!

3 comments:

Ann Marie said...

Yay! Fun wedding, cute cake, and a new tooth! Glad you survived!
Way to go!!!

I LOVE buttercream frosting! I vote you always do those anyways...

TLC said...

Cute Cake! I love the colors! I always wondered how cake decorators got that smooth look on wedding cakes. Who knew what a process goes into that! But, I'm with you & Ann...Butter Cream frosting is the bomb! Have you ever done a butter pecan cake with butter cream frosting??? I've had it once at a baby shower and oh my goodness...I fell in love!

Question! Question! My ward's Halloween festival is this Friday and I signed up to do cupcakes for the cupcake walk and I was wondering if you have any really cute tips to decorate cupcakes for halloween! I want them to look great but spooky! Ideas needed pleassssse!!!!

Rebecca said...

You are so talented. It looked wonderful!