Thursday, October 2, 2008

PJ's Day!

I decided today would be a PJ day. Ayla and I stayed in our pj's all day. I just felt like we needed a day at home to relax. I have been so busy lately.

Ayla in a pair of my favorite PJ's of hers. 

I haven't been able to blog very much. 
This blog is my journal also, so I am going to catch up from the weekend until now. Here goes:

Saturday we just kind of chilled during the day.

Daddy playing with Ayla that day.

Saturday evening, I went to the General Relief Society meeting at the conference center. It was a joke getting there. I live about 5 minutes away from the conference center and I left an hour early. I got down town and there was so much traffic. It was not even moving. I kept trying to go around a different way. I don't know what I was thinking. Of course it would be the same every where. I just kept getting further and further away from the conference building. Time was slipping away and I was getting upset because I had been looking forward to going since I got the ticket on Sunday. It got to be about 15 minutes before and I just gave up. I decided to go to 21st South and catch tracks. I was so frustrated I had tears rolling down my face. I was disappointed because I really wanted to go and I didn't think I was going to make it. I tried any way. So I got on trax and got down-town and to the conference center 6 minutes late and, as I was walking in, one of the ushers shook her finger at me and gave me a disappointing look for being late. I told her nicely that I tried and it was hard to get here and that I ended up taking trax. I would have been on time if I would have done that in the first place. Next time I will take trax to begin with. The conference was wonderful and I was glad I still went. Elder Uchtdorf was so funny.

Sunday was really nice. We went to visit our old home ward for a missionary homecoming. It was wonderful to see our friends. I really miss that ward. There are so many good people there. I love my new ward now and I know it would be hard to leave this one too.  I love going to church because the people you go to church with become a family to you. It is wonderful.

Monday I spent the whole day cleaning the apartment and trying to catch up on rest. Plus, Ayla and I went to visit Trisha and Maggie. I visit-teach Trisha, and Maggie and Ayla are the same age, so Trisha and I call it "Ayla's and Maggie's play date." It is so cute.

This is Maggie. Isn't she just a doll? Look at how she is smiling at Ayla.

Too cute!

Poor Maggie was teething that day. She had a tooth come in the day before. It was so sad to see her upset. She is such a good girl and I think that was the first time I had seen her cry.

Tuesday I tried to get some more rest. Ayla got me up early on Monday too. Both nights I had only had 4 hours a night. In the morning, we went to visit my sister-in-law Suz to get the laundry. Then we went grocery shopping. At noon we went and picked up my sister from trax. She comes here in between school and work on every other Tuesday. I made dinner that evening and I baked a cake for my brother's birthday party on Wednesday

Then my friend Melissa came and picked me up and took me to a play at Pioneer Theater. It was "My Fair Lady." It was wonderful. Melissa's boyfriend works at the Pioneer Theater and so he got her some free tickets and she took me. Thanks Melissa.

Wednesday I finished decorating my brother's cake and put the laundry away and took more laundry out to my parents to do. I had to do four loads because Suz was out of town this week. I am grateful she does our laundry for us. It is so nice. So all and all I had put away 7 loads of laundry this week. Crazy. I didn't know we had that many clothes but I guess when you have a kid you have twice the amount of laundry.

My family celebrated my brother's birthday that evening. After that, Ayla and I went to Amy Isolampi's bridle shower. It was neat. They had a grocery shower. They basically got their food storage. I should have done that. What a great idea. We helped them get their stuff home because they just got an apartment at the same place as my sister-in-law's, Suz. So they will be living 5 minutes away from us. Yay!
 
 Today was nice. Ayla and I stayed home all day and relaxed in our pj's. Like I said, it was a PJ day. I just felt like after all that, we needed it. I hope you enjoyed my long post. Below are some more pictures of Ayla in her pj's.

"Happy to stay home"

"Such a cutie!"

3 comments:

Ann Marie said...

Fun week!
I LOVE PJ days! I have them more often than I should! :(

I was getting worried when I didn't see a lot of comments, or posts. I'm glad to know you were just busy!

Rebecca said...

Busy week! It was good to see you on Sunday. And I love PJ day too! We probably have more than our fair share of them... :)

Annie said...

Heather, your daughter is gorgeous! It is good to see your family! Analee McGill