Monday, October 27, 2008

Ayla turned 8 months!

We didn't do a whole lot over the weekend but Ayla turned 8 months old. Where does the time go? She weighs 18lbs and is 27 1/2 inches long. So she gained 2 pounds and grew an inch from last month. 

In her 7th month she has accomplished many things. She has mastered how to move her walker backwards. She crawled a little bit the other day but most of the time she rocks back and forth on all fours. She also scoots backwards as she tries to crawl. She has 2 teeth on her bottom front. She has learned to say "Dada." She even occasionally says just "Dad." I got her to say "Mom" once but I think it was by accident. She will get it soon enough, I will just keep on working on that with her. 

Ayla has been such a blessing in our lives. I have never been so happy than I am now. I have a wonderful husband and a beautiful little girl. Somehow the love you have for your spouse increases when you have a child together. Ayla is so much fun! 

I love to take pictures of her on the couch! This was taken on Saturday, her 8th month Birthday! 
Mommy loves you, you sweet little peanut!

3 comments:

TLC said...

I'm getting soOo excited to meet your little peanut! Isnt it so bittersweet how time flys by and they grow up and learn so fast?

Keep working on the "mama" but from what I see from the pictures she is SO in love with her mama. All wrapped up in you :) She beautiful and that face has such a sunbeam glow. I will never understand how people dont cherish their children more then some people --like you-- do.

Ann Marie said...

I loved to read the things you shared about her. You can tell how much you love her by your words.. So lovely each new month brings! I think 13 and 14 months is my favorite stage so far!
Loving everything about Mary right now!

Rebecca said...

Time does fly, doesn't it? She looks wonderful!